We may collect data on the use of services by using cookies and other similar techniques such as local data storage of the browser, app identifier or device identifiers.
A cookie is a small text file the browser saves on the user’s device. Cookies contain an anonymous, individual identifier that enables us to identify and count the different browsers visiting our website. Cookies do not travel by themselves in the web; they are only saved on the user’s device along with a website invited by the user. Only the server that sent the cookie can later read and use the cookie. Cookies and other techniques do not harm the user’s device or files, nor can cookies be used to operate software or to spread malware.
The purpose of cookies and other similar techniques is to analyse and further develop our services to better serve the users. Among other things, the techniques enable the user to avoid re-typing logins, passwords and personalisation options each time, if the user so wishes.
We utilise cookies and other similar techniques in the statistical monitoring of amount of visitors in our services and to measure the effectiveness of advertising. We may, for example, collect data on marketing e-mails and newsletters to find out if the messages have been opened and whether anything has been done due to them (such as transferring to website). To improve the usability of our sites, we may conduct short experiments where we may also record data on the user’s mouse movements and clicks on a certain page.
We may also use the data collected on the use of our websites to produce advertising or content targeted to a certain browser. We may create target group segments according to which websites certain browsers have visited within a predefined period. These target group segments are presented with advertising or content that is likely to be of interest to them.
A browser belonging to the target group may, for example, visit often on a football website and thus be categorised in the “sports” group. We may use our partners for creating segments, in which case we guarantee with contractual agreements that the partner only uses the data for Kodit.io purposes and does not utilise the data in their own operations nor release the data to other parties. In some cases, we may also use behaviour data collected on websites outside Kodit.io to create segments and target advertising.
The user cannot be identified with cookies alone. Subject to privacy legislation and the register description of each service, data acquired with cookies and other similar techniques may be combined with any data received from the user in other context, by the means described in the privacy statement. If the user has a login to Kodit.io price estimate tool or they have requested a price estimate or evaluation visit from us, we may use Kodit.io login data and data observed from the use of services to enrich each other.
- Types of cookies: Functional cookies
- Purposes of use: Enable site functionalities such as logging in, shopping cart properties and language settings.
- Examples: In practice, these cookies enable the site to remember your login data, to keep the products in the shopping cart even if you continue shopping, and to show the site in the right language for the user.
- Types of cookies: Product development and business reporting
- Purposes of use: Enable improving the user experience of sites and apps and reporting to support business decisions.
- Examples: These cookies enable Kodit.io to deduce, which of our services are popular and which service properties are the most often used ones. These data enable us to improve our services and also to fix errors in them.
- Types of cookies: Advertising reports
- Purposes of use: Enable reporting on how often the advertisement has been seen or whether the user has clicked on the advertisement.
- Examples: These cookies enable us to report how advertising is succeeding, for example if the users have clicked on the advertisements. In addition, these cookies collect data, based on which we can ensure not to show the users the same advertisements for several times.
- Types of cookies: Targeted advertising
- Purposes of use: Targeted advertising based on the use of Kodit.io sites and on the use of third party sites.
- Examples: These cookies aim to show Kodit.io advertising to our users that is as appropriate, interesting and specifically suited for them.
- Other identifiers
Mobile device apps contain an individual identifier that is used for targeted advertising and research on the app. The identifier also enables reporting on how and how often the app is used for product development. The identifier is comparable to a cookie.
- How can you influence?
Creating a new cookie profile: Clearing cookies off the browser regularly changes the user’s identifier, based on which the user’s profile is formed that is based on observed behaviour. However, this does not completely end the collection of data or targeted digital advertising, but rather cancels the targeting based on previous behaviour data.
Kodit.io estimate tool login data and price estimate or evaluation request login data: The user can deny the use of data related to Kodit.io login data for marketing and digital advertising purposes. The request should be sent to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third party targeting: advertising networks do targeted advertising based on behaviour data collected on first party sites such as Kodit.io. The user can deny third party targeted advertising completely or partly via the site Your Online Choices .