- We are committed to protecting the privacy of our users. Your trust is important to us!
- The data we process can be divided to: data provided by the user, data observed from the use of web services, and data inferred from analytics.
- We use data to deliver and personalise services, customer service, product development and better suited advertising.
- We believe in the benefits of data and wish to provide our users with opportunities to influence and control data processing. Section 13 shows a list of influencing possibilities.
- With your consent, we offer location-dependent services based on utilising device location data, for example to offer local sales objects.
- In addition to this privacy statement, on our website you can find plenty of additional information related to data processing and our policies.
- What kind of data is collected about me?
- Which sources are my data collected from?
- Which purposes are my personal data collected for?
- How are my data stored and combined?
- How long will my data be stored?
- Who processes my personal data?
- Are my personal data released to third parties?
- How are my personal data protected?
- Are cookies used on the sites, and what are they?
- Is it possible that another party collects data of my visit on Sanoma websites?
- What privacy terms apply when I use mobile or tablet apps?
- Does Sanoma use location data of my device?
- What kind of influencing possibilities do I have?
- Can this privacy statement be changed?
- Where can I contact?
Homerun Technologies Oy and its service Kodit.io are committed to protecting the privacy of the users of their services in accordance to the Personal Data Act (523/1999), Information Society Code (917/2014) and other applicable legislation.
The user accepts the terms of this privacy statement by using our services. If the user does not accept these terms, the user has no right to use our services.
1. What kind of data is collected about me?
We collect users’ personal data that is necessary for the purposes of use described in section 3 of this privacy statement. The purpose of use dictates what kind of data about the user is collected in a given situation.
Data provided by the user or data for personal identification of the user:
- contact information such as name, address, phone number, e-mail addresses
- registering data required by digital account such as login, password and other possible user identification
- demographic data such as age, gender, title or profession and native language
- data about customership such as invoicing and payment data, product and order data, customer feedback and contact, replies to lotteries and competitions, cancellation data
- profiling and interest data provided by the user
- consents and permissions
- push blocking data
- recorded customer phone calls
- data provided for surveys and reviews
- other data collected with the user’s consent
Data observed from the use of services:
- using and browsing data of service properties, shown advertisements, clicked advertisements.
- the page from which the user came to our site, device model, individual device and/or cookie identification, data collection channel (web browser, mobile browser, app), browser version, IP address, session ID, time and duration of session, screen resolution and operating system.
- The identification of a user identified through a digital account, such as the Kodit.io price estimate tool, is typically a randomly created series of numbers.
- The identification of an observed, non-logged in user is typically a cookie or other similar identification.
- location data such as coordinates calculated by GPS or WiFi contact points or mobile network base station, if the user has specifically given consent for this.
- other data collected with the user’s consent.
Data inferred from the use of services:
- Inferred data means data that has been deduced by analytics from the observed use of service and/or from data provided by the user themself – for example, any interests of the user or segmenting to a certain kind of user group.
Data in our marketing register:
- In our marketing register, we record data on the user’s name, domicile, one piece of identification data traceable to the user, and contact information for possible contacts. We may mark the user’s data in our marketing register for example when the user has provided us with their contact information in the context of e.g. newsletter subscription, competition or price estimate.
2. Which sources are my data collected from?
Personal data are mainly collected from the users themselves in the context of a price estimate, evaluation request or registering, or later during the customership. With techniques described later on, we can also collect observed data on how the user uses our services.
In addition, we collect data from the Robinson block register maintained by the Data & Marketing Association of Finland, the Finnish population register and other similar public or private registers.
3. Which purposes are my personal data collected for?
We only process personal data for predefined purposes of use, mainly the following:
- Products, services and personalisation thereof: We provide users with housing price estimates, inspection visits, apartment purchases and sales. In addition, we may personalise some of our services and recommend content that may interest the user.
- Product development: We constantly develop the user interfaces and user experience of products and services. We carry out survey and consumer studies and reports to support business decisions.
- Offers, purchases and customer service: We help the user find interesting offers, provide the user with the products or services they have purchased and strive to provide the user with customer service that is as personal as possible.
- Targeted digital marketing: We present the user with marketing that is likely to interest the user.
4. How are my data stored and combined?
We process data provided by the user that enable the identification of the user (e.g. profile and contact information) and data observed and inferred from the use of the service in separate databases. We always store data observed and inferred from the use of services combined with identifiers that typically consist of randomly created series of numbers and that cannot be used to personally identify the user.
If the user has logged in the Kodit.io estimation tool, asked for a price estimate or evaluation visit, we may use log-in data and data observed from the use of services to enrich one another for the purposes of use mentioned in section 3. Combining the data for targeted advertising and marketing messages requires consent by the user.
5. How long will my data be stored?
We only store the users’ data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes defined above in section 3 in accordance with legislation in force at the time.
If the user has not logged in their digital account (Kodit.io estimation tool) during the last – typically – eighteen (18) months, the user is asked to renew their user account. If the user does not renew their user account or the user’s customership or other grounds for processing personal data has ended, the user’s personal data are deleted for the most part, transferred to a permanent marketing register or transformed in such a form that no longer allows the identification of the data subject.
The communicative parts (such as public feedback) of certain services retain the visibility of the user’s alias or corresponding and content thereof produced by the user even after ending the customership. In addition, we may be obliged to store some of the user’s personal data to abide by accounting or other compelling legislation even after ending the customership or other grounds for processing personal data.
6. Who processes my personal data?
The company Homerun Technologies Oy may process personal data in accordance to personal data legislation in force at the time. We may also partly outsource the processing of personal data to a third party, in which case we guarantee by contractual agreements that the personal data is processed in accordance with the Personal Data Act and otherwise appropriately.
As a rule, we do not transfer data outside the EU or the EEA. If we do transfer data outside the EU or the EEA, we will ensure the adequate level of personal data protection by e.g. agreeing upon issues related to the confidentiality and processing of personal data in accordance with legislation, for example by using standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, and otherwise by processing personal data in accordance with this privacy statement.
We only release data to third parties in cases presented in section 7.
7. Are my personal data released to third parties?
We do not sell, lease or release the personal data of an identified user to third parties in any case other than those presented below.
- We may release the user’s data to third parties, if the user has given their consent for it.
- We may release segment data on observed users to marketing networks for targeted marketing. Marketing networks are not allowed to trace these data to personal data of an identified user without the user’s consent.
- We may release the user’s personal data in a manner required by claims from competent authorities or other parties in accordance with the legislation in force at the time.
- We may release data for scientific or historical research, provided that the data have been converted into such form that the data subject is no longer thereby identifiable.
- If we sell, buy, merge or otherwise arrange our business operations, the user’s personal data may be released to the buyers and their counsellors.
- As stated in the register description, data may be released for direct marketing purposes and for opinion and market surveys and other similar studies in accordance with the Personal Data Act.
- If the user has given their consent for electronic direct marketing by Kodit.io partners, the user’s data may be released to carefully selected partners for marketing purposes.
8. How are my personal data protected?
We use the necessary technical and organisatory means of data security to protect personal data against unauthorised access, release, erasure or other unauthorised processing. Such means include e.g. using firewalls, encryption techniques and safe device spaces, appropriate access control, supervised granting and monitoring of user rights, instructing the staff who processes personal data, and careful selection of subcontractors.
9. Are cookies used on the sites, and what are they?
We may collect data related to the user’s device by using cookies and other similar techniques such as local data storage of the browser. Cookies are small text files the browser saves on the user’s device. Cookies often contain an anonymous, individual identifier that enables us to identify and count the browsers visiting our website.
10. Is it possible that some other party collects data on my visit to the Kodit.io website?Third parties mean parties outside the Homerun Technologies Oy and Kodit.io such as marketing networks and providers of measuring and monitoring services. These third parties may set cookies on the user’s device when the user visits our website in order to, for example, enable us to do user-targeted marketing or keep statistics on the amount of visits on the website. Since, in these cases, the user’s browser requests for the advertisements set by a third party from a server outside Kodit.io, these third parties can possibly view, modify and set their own cookies. By contractual agreements, we aim to guarantee that these third parties abide by the legislation in force at the time and by the self-regulation instructions of the field.
Our services may use so-called social plugins such as the like button in Facebook. For example, Facebook social plugin buttons may be visible in some of our services, but their content comes directly from Facebook. When the user visits our service, the Facebook social plugin recognises that the user is logged in Facebook and the web page shows customised content in the plugin as if the user was on Facebook.com. If the user is not logged in Facebook, the social plugins do not show customised content. Facebook may collect data on the user’s visit in accordance to their privacy terms in force at the time. Facebook does not release any data they have collected to Kodit.io without explicit consent by the user.
The user can learn the terms of social network services in each service. Our services may also contain links to websites other than mentioned above, but we are not responsible for the privacy policies or contents of these outside websites. We recommend to read the privacy terms of each website.
The user can learn more detail on third party cookies here.
11. What privacy terms apply when I use mobile or tablet apps?
Our mobile apps, that have become available to the user by e.g. Apple App Store, Google Play or Microsoft Store, also apply the terms of the service provider in question in addition to this privacy statement.
12. Do Homerun Technologies Oy and Kodit.io use my device location data?
The user’s device location data may be used to offer location-based services such as local weather forecast searches and targeted marketing, provided that the user has given their explicit consent to utilise location data or if the location data is anonymised.
The location data are defined using available positioning methods such as GPS, WiFi connection points and mobile network base stations. The user may, at any time, withdraw their consent.
13. What kind of influencing possibilities do I have?
We are committed to offering our users data protection-related choices and controlling opportunities. Below we list different ways our users can influence data collection and processing.
Objection to direct marketing
The user has the right to deny the processing and release of their data for direct mail, distant selling or other direct marketing purposes by contacting email@example.com.
Inspection of data
The user has the right to access all their recorded personal data. At the request of the user, we will rectify, erase or amend any personal data that is incorrect, unnecessary, incomplete or outdated for the intended purpose of use. The user may update and/or inspect their personal data by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
The user can clear the cookies from their browser settings. By clearing cookies at regular intervals the user changes the identifier based on which their profile is formed. However, clearing cookies does not completely end the collection of data but rather cancels a profile based on prior data about their behaviour.
Blocking targeted marketing
The user can prevent targeted marketing based on the user’s web behaviour through choices described below. After blocking, the user will still receive as many advertisements as before, but the marketing is not chosen according to the user’s areas of interest.
- The user can deny the use of log-in data from the price estimate tool for targeted marketing and digital advertising by contacting email@example.com.
- Third parties such as advertising networks may also engage in targeted marketing according to the user’s areas of interest. The user can prevent targeting through the service channels of each advertising network.
The user can access additional information on targeted marketing based on browser use on the website Your Online Choices.
Consent to use location data
The user may give consent to use their location data in the settings of their device and app. With settings, the user can also withdraw their consent at any time.
We constantly develop our services and we reserve the right to change this privacy statement by notifying it in our services. Changes may also be based on changes in legislation. We recommend regular reading of the content of the privacy statement.
15. Where can I contact?
The preferred means of contacting us is via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The user may also send any inquiries about this privacy statement and any reclamations related to targeted marketing to the address:
Homerun Technologies Oy / Tietosuoja
Lapinlahdenkatu 16, 00180 Helsinki